Date posted: August 24, 2020
We are currently recruiting for a Collections Supervisor to join our client, a well-known Finance company. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Collections Manager and will be responsible for leading, motivating and supporting the Collections team with day to day tasks whilst driving efforts to meet defined collection targets and objectives in a manner which is consistent with business behaviours.
As the Collections Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Developing and coaching team members to maximise collections and quality activity through side-by-side coaching and training
- Team management including individual performance management, objective setting and personal development
- Embedding a continuous improvement culture within the management of Live Arrears and Terminated Agreements
- Day to day and end to end management of arrears through to litigation, insolvency, repossession and returns
- Co-ordinating activities of the Collection Team members to ensure a smooth and efficient department
- Proactively organising the Collections Team to successfully collect debts relating to Own Book, Invoiced and Direct Debit customers
- Resolving customer queries within agreed SLA’s to secure payments on time
- Negotiating payment plans and payment schedules to suit the current financial situation whilst satisfying the debt
- Ensuring all legal documentation is prepared and submitted within stipulated timeframes set by the business or by Court
- Providing a quality orientated, highly customer focussed service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Producing reports within the agreed SLA’s on Live Arrears, Terminated Agreements and the performance of Business Partners
The successful candidate for the role of Collections Supervisor will have:
- Proven work experience within a Collections environment
- Results focussed and able to lead teams to achieve a common goal
- Experience of managing a small team
- Knowledge of all matters of law related to contract law, civil litigation (debt recovery) and insolvencies
- Highly developed telephone and negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
In return the Collections Supervisor will receive a basic salary between £30,000 and £35,000. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.