Date posted: October 29, 2020
Our client is a family orientated and highly professional company with the head office based in Walsall and satellite depots. They are currently seeking an experienced and professional Depot Manager to head the established and growing team at their Warwickshire depot. Managing the existing team of 5 employees, (one warehouse member and 4 drivers) at the busy depot offering support and reporting to the Distribution & Transport Manager at Head Office.
Duties for the Depot Manager include:
- General day to day of running of the whole distribution depot
- Purchasing of products from head office
- Administration, including route planning, booking in and out of goods and inputting orders
- Stock Control and picking orders
- Management of drivers, timesheets, route planning and warehouse staff
- Dealing with customer and driver queries
- Responsible for all health and safety checks
- Vehicle checks, ensuring vehicles are roadworthy and legal for carrying certain types of waste
- Ensuring all drivers are trained to relevant specifications
- Meeting the depot KPI’s and target assessing performance and implement enhancements
- HR related tasks, to include monitoring sickness, absence and timekeeping.
- Undertaking staff monthly appraisals, interviewing potential employees and holding disciplinary meetings when necessary
- Attending monthly management meetings
- Using the in-house system, Outlook and Microsoft packages including Excel
- Offering guidance and support to the members of the team
- Overall responsibility of the depot to ensure it is running efficiently and meeting strict deadlines
The successful candidate for the role of Depot Manager will have:
- A strong but approachable management style with an outwardly positive outgoing personality
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with strong problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail and a willingness to tackle a variety of tasks
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels, highly self-motivated and able to work alone including the ability to manage a small team
- Experience of working to targets, KPI’s and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including excel
- Proven experience of working within a similar role
- Outstanding geographical knowledge with a passion to deliver first-class customer service
- A great eye for detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ambitious and career focused
- Punctual and Reliable
In return the Depot Manager will receive a basic salary of £24,000 to £27,000 doe, plus a quarterly bonus. Working hours 42 ½ hours per week, Monday to Friday 6.00am – 3.00pm with a 30-minute lunch break, however you will need to stay until all drivers report back.
Benefits include, 33 days Annual leave (including Bank Holidays), Company Pension and on-site parking.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.