Duties of the HR Administrator position
Our client, who has been established for over 80 years is looking for a HR Administrator to become an integral member of the HR Team. As HR Administrator you will be an integral member of the HR Department by taking full ownership of all HR administration, offering an efficient and proactive service to the HR team, line management and all employees. This is a varied and generalist role working in a busy department in an open office environment where attention to detail, efficiency and confidentiality are essential.
Committed to development and improving efficiency, the HR Department is currently introducing a new HR and Payroll System called SelectHR which will enable the Client to minimise the number of manual tasks and focus on providing a high-quality HR service to the business. To support this period of redevelopment, the Candidate will need to be flexible with your approach, confidently contribute ideas and suggestions and thrive under pressure.
As the HR Administrator you will be responsible for:
- Provide administration support to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day activities within the HR department including:
- Dealing with New starters, revision of terms and leavers
- Assist and liaise with Payroll regarding SMP, SPP, SPL
- Absence management
- Monitor and order Company Uniform
- Handle all travel and accommodation requirements
- Filing of all documentation as appropriate
The successful candidate for the role of HR Administrator will have experience of:
- Monitoring and chasing new employee documents
- Clearly explaining Company expectations and setting appropriate deadlines
- Liaising with HR management to highlight any problematic areas
- Being proactive in suggesting ideas and resolutions
- Projection of a professional image and responsible manner at all times
- Willingness to assist with any extra activities as appropriate as planned by line manager
- To act as a positive ambassador for the Company at all times
- Liaising with the required contacts including providing regular updates
In return the HR Administrator will receive a basic salary £18,000 – £20,000 for working Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm. This is a permanent, full-time position with a range of company benefits.
Please Note: We do not contact or write to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard anything from us within 48 hours of your application, you should presume that your application was unsuccessful. By applying for this vacancy, you are giving permission for Midas Recruitment to contact you and retain your details.
Salary for the HR Administrator position is £18,500 - £20,000.